DELIVERY AND DROP-OFF OF VEHICLE
The customer will receive the car, maintained and in good condition, with the required documentation - including the rental agreement and should return the car in the same condition as received, at the place, date and time indicated in the contract.
We deliver vehicles in Funchal without extra fees.
During normal business hours (09h00-18h00), the delivery / drop-off is free except at the airport - where a fee of € 15 applies for rentals of less than 7 days. Outside these hours, we charge a fee of 15€.
For rentals of 7 days or more you will not be charged within normal business hours - we only charge a nightly rental fee of 15€ if deliveries / drop-off are between 10pm and 7am.
- Delivery and collection elsewhere
|Ponta do Sol|
|Paul do Mar, etc.|
Note: In these areas, we make deliveries during normal business hours, from 09h to 18h00.
The minimum rental period is 1 day (24h). If the car is not returned on the date or time agreed in the contract, an additional 1 day rental will be charged for each delay exceeding 1 hour.
When booking online, you will receive a confirmation email with your rental information.
If the customer decides to terminate the contract in advance, the amount corresponding to the days when the vehicle has not been enjoyed will be fully retained.
The car you choose may not always match your request, so the client may face up to an alternative car. But we guarantee the delivery of a car with the same characteristics as your initial order.
- Airport Service
To make a reservation with the delivery of the car at the airport, it will be asked at the time of your reservation the flight number and estimated time of landing. Upon arrival at the airport, one of our representatives will be waiting for you in the passenger arrivals area with your identification (name).
Note: Our workers control the arrival time of airplane, relying on any unforeseen issues that may arise (delays, cancellations).
The minimum age of the driver is 21 years and must have license for more than two years.
You must have a valid EU-issued driving license and valid identification.
The driver who is expressly identified in the rental agreement will be considered as the only driver of the car. But it is possible to secure additional drivers - it will cost extra 10€.
PRICES, DEADLINES AND PAYMENTS
The price is determined by the rate in force for each vehicle category / group chosen, the number of days and the time of rental.
Payment can be made in cash or by credit / debit card and is made at the time of the delivery of the vehicle.
NOTE: Prices are seasonal, subject to change (without notice) and the tax is calculated within 24h.
- Prices include:
- Insurance inclueded (CDW, SCDW)
- Compulsory liability insurance
- 24h Roadside Assistance
- Airport Fee - if applicable
- Unlimited kilometers
- For 7 or 9 seater vans, a security deposit of € 500 is always requested and will be returned at the end if the car is delivered in the same condition as it was delivered.
- Prices do not include:
- In the case of parking expenses, fines, fuel, loss of documents, tires and keys, minimum deductible SCDW 75 € (Group A, B and C), minimum deductible SCDW 500 € (Group M and Q).
- If the vehicle is driven by a person who is not legally qualified or by a person who is not properly identified and accepted by Madeira Car Hire, as stipulated in the contract.
- If the vehicle is intentionally damaged by the customer, negligence and / or misuse.
- If the driver is driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or mental insanity.
- If the vehicle is used for sports events, rally racing, challenges, competitions, etc.
- In case of an accident and it is not communicated to the company as soon as possible.
- If the vehicle suffers acts of vandalism such as broken glass, tire bursting or damaged rims.
- In the event of failure to report or late communication, the customer is obliged to compensate the rent a car for all the resulting costs.
- Additional insurance cover for tires / glass 5 € per day.
Note: The customer will always be solely responsible for all damages caused to third parties or the rented vehicle, as well as any traffic violations committed.
- Rental Extension
If the customer wishes to extend the rental, please contact Madeira Car Hire so that the contract can be updated and the remaining rental days will be settled.
- Additional Services
- Baby Seat - will have an extra cost of 2€/day.
- GPS Equipment - will have an extra cost of 5€/day.
- Additional Driver- will have an extra cost of 10€/rental.
- Bonds / Deductibles
The security deposit will be refunded as soon as the vehicle is returned.
We always deliver the car with a minimum of ¼ deposit. But this amount may vary from delivery to delivery. In any case, when returning the car, the customer must leave the car with the same amount of fuel as when he received it.
Note: Please note that we will not refund any amount for the fuel left over and the missing fuel will be charged to the customer.
VEHICLE MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR
If you notice any technical problems with the vehicle, you should contact the assistance number wich is on rental agreement.